
Yesterday, the water delivery person came and brought 24 bottles of water separated into two large boxes. Since I'm alone, I had to carry it and transfer it to another place by myself. I didn't think it was that heavy so I kind of hurt my back.. I think I might have a torn ligament or something cause it hurts like hell. Because of this 'injury', I wasn't able to cook dinner so I thought going to a restaurant is a good idea (just making a lame excuse!).
This is a specialty Naeng Myeon restaurant that also serves Galbitang, one of my personal favorite. I always order Galbitang whenever I visit here and since it has a very mild taste similar to 'nilagang baka', I ate this a lot the first time I came to Korea. Back then, I was less tolerable to spicy korean dishes that I always look for food that resemble ours.
The way to prepare Galbitang differs from place to place. But this 'style' appeals to my taste the most. It's served piping hot in a very big bowl; one reason why I like this place is because they have big servings unlike the other places scrimping on meat... The broth is mild and light, just exactly how I like it. They also put 'tteok' or rice cake along with a bunch of vermicelli noodles. Also a lot of scallions, jujube, gingko nut, ginseng (this is what makes it healthy and uber delicious!!!), and some mushrooms were added. It's best eaten with boiled rice... This Galbitang costs about $8 per serving.

0 comments:
Post a Comment