9.05.2008

Stone Galbi

Yesterday, I went to Inggyedong to spend the afternoon. Inggyedong is place where people gather to eat, drink, and be merry. There are lot's of dance clubs, bars, hofs, noraebangs, and restaurants. But the place can be quite boring in the afternoon, they come to life at night where neon signs fill the place with colorful lights and loud music.

I planned on visiting 'Pink Don' Samgyeopsal restaurant for lunch but much to my dismay they are close till 5 pm. So instead of waiting till they open, I went to this restaurant nearby. It was a good choice, food was great. It was featured in MBC TV show for their delicious menu so the place is quite popular.

I had Seok Galbi which I haven't tried before. It's slowly cooked in a stone pot, quite uniquely. They served about 12 'banchan' or side dished which I really enjoyed.

After a heavy lunch, noraebang was the next destination. It was hard looking for a noraebang that is open at that hour. They usually open from 6 pm. Luckily, one place was open. The manager was very kind and polite and he gave a lot of bonus time! I really enjoyed belting out my favorite songs... Call me cheesy, baduy or whatever but I think I sang "I don't wanna miss a thing" twice! And both times I got a perfect score of 100... not bad huh?!

0 comments: