9.01.2008

Summer-ender

Today marks the end of the summer season here in Korea and it's now officially Autumn in my calendar! Sigh... summer was unbelievable! It was indescribable... I had a lot of fun, created a lot of good memories that'll last me a lifetime worth of good chuckle.

Lets see... I consider this a 'coming-out-kinda-season' and no I'm not a lesbian or anything. It's just that I realized so many things this season. I did things I never thought I could, and I'm very happy and thankful about it. On top of it all, I learned so much that I think I've become a much better person than before.

I've visited so many places and saw so many sights in such a short period! I've experience so much that it felt like a roller-coaster ride! You know the part where in you have to hold your breath before plunging really fast from the top all the way down and you can't stop wriggling and writhing the whole time cause you feel something 'funny' in your gut and you can't stop laughing?!

I'm a bit tired from going to so many places but I wouldn't trade that for the world! My last stop was Pocheon-si, just last Friday, I embarked on a very cool trip to a place somewhere in Gyeonggi-do. Yet again, not my first time... but the place is still a charm. Went to this cool pension house in an isolated place, just beside a valley with cool water running through a stream, surrounded by beautiful pine trees and other colorful bushes. We had barbecued 'moksal' on the terrace that night. There were grilled frankfurters on the side, chips, wine and beer that lasted us till midnight. It was cold so I had to wear my training clothes and I wanted something warm so we cooked soup while watching the stars and fireflies flying nearby... At daybreak, we trekked towards the mountain where there are so many beautiful wild flowers (and insects). Saw several inhabited log cabins in the middle of the forest... I imagined myself staying in a quiet place like that, in the middle of nowhere with just a fireplace to keep me warm. We drove around the city before bidding goodbye to the place.

It was good till it lasted. And as for those who are going to ask me 'how was my summer', I would say... I ended it with a BANG!

0 comments: