9.04.2008

A Tour Underwater




Last year when I visited Jeju, I had this one of a kind experience. I'm talking about a submarine tour and it's probably the coolest thing I have ever done! I never thought a tour underwater is even possible or better yet, riding a submarine!

In Jeju, they offer submarine tour for a hefty price. I forgot how much we paid but I remember that it was expensive. The submarine can only accomodate limited number of people so reservation in advance is necessary.

After parking the car, we rode a huge boat that took us to the middle of the sea. Then we transferred to this floating submarine. It didn't look much like a submarine when it's upfloat...


After a brief introduction from the crew and a couple of pictures here and there, we were guided to passage-way below....


We were escorted to our respective seats and after a while the captain politely introduced himself and the rest of the crew. The submarine didn't move a lot while going down... so I didn't notice the descend. When it reached the bottom, lights were turned on so we could view the outside. It slowly moved, exploring the places around. There were lots of fishes and colorful reefs and plants. I was in complete awe! I took several pictures but as I expected, it's not so clear.

After a while, the lights were shut so I thought the tour has ended but when the lights went back, I saw a diver waving at us. He swam gracefully around us while feeding the fish near the window so we could see upclose. After doing a couple more rounds outside the submarine, he then waved goodbye. Lights were shut again and we slowly made our ascend.

It was already dark when we reached the parking lot. Tired but very happy. It was a memorable experience for me. I'm really glad I had the chance to experience that.

0 comments: