12.04.2008

Of Neutrogena, Shopping, and Christmas

So I went to Aekyung today looking for Neutrogena Toner and Moisturizer. I forgot to pack my old one when I came here and this cold weather makes my face so dry that I rushed to buy a new one. Too bad, Aekyung only had limited Neutrogena products... I was only able to buy a facial wash which I don't exactly need so I resorted to just ordering those stuff online. It's kind of urgent so I wanted to buy it in the mall and use it as soon as possible but now I would have to wait a couple more days... with uber dry and itchy skin, almost unbearable.

Since I've got plenty of time to waste, I decided to go window shopping which turns out to be a bad idea. I ended up buying some tights and underwear which (again..) I don't really need. I don't know what's wrong with me but everytime I go to malls some different person possesses me and I always end up buying something impulsively so as much as possible I stay away from malls and department stores.

I saw a lot of 'eye candy' Christmas decors and trees lit with bright lights which entertained me while walking. I totally forgot all about the Christmas season ever since I came here but the nice decors of Aekyung reminded me that it's just around the corner. It hasn't been a week but I kinda miss the carols I hear back home. I miss feeling the 'anticipation' of the coming holidays, the preparation, the food and everything that has to do with Christmas. This will be the third year I'm spending it here.

Then I remembered the last Christmas I spent in the Philippines. It was last 2005, Chris and I had dinner first at Italianni's before I came home for noche buena. It was our first Christmas together so I nodded when he asked me out..


At home, I was assigned to do the barbecue while my brother and sister were helping my mom prepare the dishes. My dad came home carrying a 'mango bravo' cake from Conti's and we just couldn't wait so we ate it as soon as we saw it! I lost count how many servings of buko salad, spaghetti and ham I ate that night (and how many pounds I gained..^^). Then at stroke of midnight, we all went to the rooftop to watch the firework display and in the middle of all that noise, we greeted each other "Merry Christmas".

Chris perfectly understands whenever I get lonely come Christmas time so he tries his best to celebrate it in a special way. But of course no matter what he does, it wont be as special as the Christmas back home.

0 comments: