7.23.2009

Artsy-Partsy.

When I'm out of the house doing the most random things, I always see a lot of unusual stuff that show a different side of Korea, and it kills me that I wasn't able to take pictures of those cause I didn't have the camera with me. But now I learned my lesson, so whenever I go out of the house, I make it a point to always bring it. Korea is "unpredictable" in the sense that you don't know what you're gonna see next.

Today's no different, I brought the camera even though I'm just going to buy a new hairbrush. And while I was on my way to the mall, I saw some pretty interesting sculptures or what others like to call "artwork". I'm not really into sculptures or any 3-dimensional art objects for that matter, so I don't really know if I'm looking at something that is a work of art or just a piece of crap. Well, they're all over the place and I thought I should take some pictures to show it to you guys.


The first one right here gives me the whole "Film-festival" vibe. I haven't been to one, but for some reason, I think it'll be a good representation for the movie industry.



This reminds me of a Science project I did when I was in highschool. The theme then was "Sci-fi" and "Futuristic".



I really don't get this. What a waste of precious resources. Do they know how many pots and pans you could make with all those metal?



A huge broken lock in a parking lot. Something tells me we should never park the car there.



This one is interesting. I see it as a symbol of family, security, and unity which is perfect for the insurance company building where it's located.



One of those sculptures I don't really get. It reminds me of Donuts, in a weird kinda way.



Ok, this is my favorite. In a land where women over 50 kgs are considered fat, this is a breath of fresh air.

0 comments: