Coffee is like a drug to me, and I need to have 2 cups of coffee a day to function properly. But I can't afford to go to Rotiboy twice a day, so I just drink Maxim's in the afternoon. Sometimes, I'd have some pastry on the side like the one shown below. I got this cheese cake from Homeplus for 1,700 won. It's the only cake I eat cause for some reason, I'm extremely choosy when it comes to that. I find the ones served at coffee shops disappointing (except for those buns of course), and I think it's a total waste of money so I almost never order from them. I could get something 10x better than the ones they serve at half the price anyway!
7.22.2009
My Korean Coffee Experience.
Lately, I noticed that I'm having this 'incessant' craving for coffee buns and caramel macchiato. So for 4 straight mornings (excluding my other occassional visits), I've been going to this coffee shop called "Rotiboy". Here in our place, we have about a hundred different coffee shops, and Rotiboy happens to be the smallest. It's so small that it could only accomodate around 10 people, even less. Their coffee is actually not that impressive, cause I've tasted better, but compared to other coffee shops in our area, they're the best! Their coffee bun is a totally different thing. Those buns are 'out of this world'! It's so damn good it's gonna be hard to describe it without using profanities ;-). As soon as you enter the door, the first thing you're gonna notice is the smell of these 'heavenly' buns (I could even smell it from across the street^^), and it'll be impossible for you to resist ordering. I guarantee that on the first bite, you'll be hooked, and you'll be craving for more (drool)... and more... till you blow up your diet for the sake of these buns. I'm beginning to sound like a deranged coffee-bun addict, and I think I should stay away from these buns for while before it turns into a full-blown, 'hard-to-get-rid-of ' addiction.

Coffee is like a drug to me, and I need to have 2 cups of coffee a day to function properly. But I can't afford to go to Rotiboy twice a day, so I just drink Maxim's in the afternoon. Sometimes, I'd have some pastry on the side like the one shown below. I got this cheese cake from Homeplus for 1,700 won. It's the only cake I eat cause for some reason, I'm extremely choosy when it comes to that. I find the ones served at coffee shops disappointing (except for those buns of course), and I think it's a total waste of money so I almost never order from them. I could get something 10x better than the ones they serve at half the price anyway!
Coffee is like a drug to me, and I need to have 2 cups of coffee a day to function properly. But I can't afford to go to Rotiboy twice a day, so I just drink Maxim's in the afternoon. Sometimes, I'd have some pastry on the side like the one shown below. I got this cheese cake from Homeplus for 1,700 won. It's the only cake I eat cause for some reason, I'm extremely choosy when it comes to that. I find the ones served at coffee shops disappointing (except for those buns of course), and I think it's a total waste of money so I almost never order from them. I could get something 10x better than the ones they serve at half the price anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment