After the Oido trip, I came back home the next day with a fever. I ached all over, got sore throat, and my head felt like it was smashed against the wall. It was no biggie, just a simple flu, but Chris was really worried so I took some flu medicines which made me feel really sleepy. I was so sleepy that I didn't feel the need to eat, so I headed straight to bed. When I woke up from the long 'nap' (if you could still call it a nap given that I slept all afternoon), I felt a little better. My headache was gone, but my stomach was rumbling so loud that it's embarrassing (which reminded me never to take Tylenol on an empty stomach again). When Chris asked me what I wanted to eat, I couldn't think of any other food but Gamjatang, so we went to our favorite Gamjatang restaurant which is about 8 minutes away from where we live. They served it in a really huge pot, and there was so much meat in there! Ok, I didn't just put that pepper in my mouth for the purpose of entertaining. I do eat those, in fact, I eat those frequently. I don't particularly like the taste, but dipped in ssamjjang, it's not so bad, and it's loaded with so much vitamins. I bite the tip first to see if my tongue could tolerate the 'zing'. Some peppers like that are really spicy, so you have to be careful before you bite a huge chunk or you'll end up with a burnt tongue.
Like I said, I was really hungry so after finishing all the meat and most of the soup, we ordered 'bokkeumbap'. The waitress brought the rice with sliced up kimchi, dried seaweed, and sesame oil. Then she put all those in the pot with a bit of the remaining soup (the rest she separated in another bowl). I like it when it's scorched, it's really good!
We were so full after the meal, so we went for a walk till we arrived at a park somewhere. The place where I stood is actually a fountain, but it wasn't working at that time. See those cute little lights at the back?
For some strange reason, Chris wanted to have ice cream so we went to Baskin and Robbins. Chris hates ice cream so I'm really curious what has gotten into him and he wanted to go there. I had a cone of Cappuccino/Espresso thingy, and Chris had Pistachio.


After the ice cream, we had this 'spur-of-the-moment' decision to watch a movie. It was almost 11:00 pm, so we hurried to go to CGV.

We chose "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". While Chris was lining up to get our tickets, I took a picture of the place. The movie started at 11:10, pretty late but there were still a lot of people!
After the ice cream, we had this 'spur-of-the-moment' decision to watch a movie. It was almost 11:00 pm, so we hurried to go to CGV.
We chose "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". While Chris was lining up to get our tickets, I took a picture of the place. The movie started at 11:10, pretty late but there were still a lot of people!
I'm not a Potter fan so I didn't actually like it. It's mediocrity, far too disappointing. I didn't watch all the other Potter movies, but I have a very good hunch that the Half Blood Prince was the worst.
We came back home around 2 am, but we slept at 3. I felt much better, though I still had a slight fever.

0 comments:
Post a Comment