7.15.2009

Not just another Birthday.

I celebrated my 28th birthday yesterday! I can't believe that I just turned 28 cause maturity-wise, I feel like I'm forever stuck at sweet sixteen. Half of the day I spent moping in front of the computer cause Chris seemed to forget that it was my special day. At noon he called to greet me "Happy Birthday" (he even sang the "Happy Birthday Song" in korean). To cheer me up, he gave me a one-day, guilt-free shopping pass, turns out it was totally useless considering the heavy rain...

When Chris came back home, he gave me a bouquet of flowers. I was in awe cause he's so not the type who gives flowers. All I could say is "you remembered!"... He bought it during his lunch break, and kept it in a plastic bag while he was working, so some of the flowers were damaged a bit. I guess he hasn't heard of the word "DELIVERY" yet?! ^^



Despite the rain, Chris wanted to have dinner at some restaurant, so I changed into an orange bohemian-inspired dress which I bought on impulse the other day (blame it on Tessa cause while we were at ZARA last Sunday, she said orange is my color, and when I saw an orange dress on my way home, I remembered what Tessa said and bought it without thinking..^^). When Chris and I went out, the rain was so strong that part of the street was flooded. We had to go back and change into something more comfortable (by comfortable I meant house-wear). It didn't really matter what we wore cause at an instant, we were totally wet from the rain.

We went to a Japanese restaurant that serves all-you-can-eat Tuna sashimi. The guy who cuts up tuna was very welcoming, he even gave us towels to dry our hair. The restaurant is really nice and cozy. It's lucky that we were the only customer at that time as we got the best spot and the privacy we needed. I wasn't able to take a picture of the whole restaurant, but it looks a little something like this..



Like any other tuna sashimi restaurant, they first served some crab porridge and miso soup.



Their tuna is really good! The quantity looks small in the picture, but did I mention they serve this non-stop?



This is one delicious Japanese salmon egg roll.



Since it's my birthday, and we're both shivering from the cold, we had to have some alcohol to go with the tuna.. Ok, I know I said a hundred times before that I don't drink anything besides beer and wine (and a few cocktails), but this is a rare exception where I actually craved for something to warm me up.



While eating, we talked about politics, a bit of history, Lee Myung Bak, and North Korea. It seems boring, but not if you happen to see Chris making funny facial expressions as he try his best to articulate difficult words such as "expatriate" and "solidify".

After dinner, we spent the night at Noblesse. Chris woke up early and got ready for work. He said I should sleep more so I stayed there till 2.

The only thing that's lacking in my birthday story is the gift right? Well, in the middle of writing this, the delivery person came and brought it.



It's NIKE DUNK 6.0 in brilliant magenta and vivid blue color!!! I like how they said "BRILLIANT" and "VIVID" in the box, it sounds so enticing, LoL. So it's cute (CHECK!), outrageously different (CHECK!), color so bright it'll give you eye-sore (CHECK!), but this shoe is so me and I could totally see myself wearing it in the mall, up in the mountain, at the park, or by the beach!

Apart from the flowers, dinner, and the gift, the thing that I'm most thankful for is having Chris in my life. (Picture taken somewhere in Pocheon, Summer '08)



To Oppa,

Last night, while we were talking about lottery and you were doing all those mathematical equations, I realized one thing, and that is having you in my life is like hitting the jackpot! Thank you for making each day better than the last!

0 comments: