7.24.2009

The Cine Park Experience.

There are 4 big theaters here in Suwon, and CGV Cine Park is one of them. It's the nearest to our place, so that's where we usually go when we wanna watch a movie. Our phone subscription allows us to watch a movie once a month for free (how cool is that?!), so it has also become our monthly 'thing' to visit there. I like Cine Park a lot cause it's not too crowded. It's also a good place to hangout, especially at night when all those cute lights and neon signs are turned on. Inside, there are many shops, cafes, and restaurants to choose from.




The last time we went there was last month. We wanted to watch "Terminator Salvation" but it wasn't shown anymore, and they replaced it with "Transformers" instead. Chris strongly refused to watch it so I had to drag him to go inside. I didn't wanna watch it too, but there was no other choice cause it was the only English movie shown at that time, and there's no way I could bear to watch a 2-hour Korean movie without subtitle. Well, I did once, and it was a 15th century historical movie. I almost popped a vein trying to decipher what those guys were talking about. I could understand a bit of Korean, but not like the ancient way they used. What makes it more difficult to understand is their intonation, it's very different from what I hear from people around me. It's like they're singing but they're not. I don't know, it's kinda hard to describe it. I try to read their facial expression to get a clue of what's happening, but with their 'poker-face', it's impossible to. They made "my queen, the emperor just died" seem like "dude, where are my keys?", cause everyone had the same facial expression all throughout the movie.

After the movie, we looked for a place to eat. I wanted to skip the usual restaurants we visit and try something new, so we went to the foodcourt. We haven't eaten at a foodcourt before, so I was so excited to try it. As soon as I saw the display, my eyes popped cause it looked so real! The plates are huge, and the food looked so mouthwatering.





Here's how it works, so you choose the menu you want, and it has a corresponding code. You give that code to the cashier and pay, and you'll be given a slip. You wait at the table till your number is shown in the screen, then you go claim your food. The food didn't look exactly like the one I chose. The plate is smaller and the quantity is lesser. The taste is uhm.. rather disappointing, cause I expected more. But then again, it's one of the cheapest place to eat, so quality isn't exactly the reason why people go there.

Seven days to go before July ends, and we're gonna visit Cine Park again soon. We haven't decided which movie we're gonna watch, but one thing's for sure, we wont be visiting the foodcourt again.

0 comments: