
Yes, it's already winter... I heard from the weather forecast that the temperature will drop below zero so I armed myself with a thick coat, gloves and scarf before heading out to visit Hyewha Catholic Church and attend a mass officiated by a Filipino priest. The mass attracts thousands of attendees and it is entirely done in Tagalog... The church became a gathering spot for Pinoys from all over Seoul and Gyeonggi-do.
Just outside the church the streets are flooded with people selling everything from hotdogs, century tuna, bagoong, longganisa, ampalaya and to my surprise they even have tilapia and bangus. The usual selling price is 3 or 4 times higher than the original price so I hesitated to buy.
The air is so dry thesedays that I have to put on lotion twice a day and I perpetually use the humidifier. Before I came here, I didn't know what a humidifier is or how it looks like (since manila is sooo humid I never had or will ever have an opportunity to use it there!). Well, it's just a simple machine that is filled with water and using ultrasound or heat energy, it heats up the water to produce steam and make the air moist.
I got this one last winter and it still works very well.

0 comments:
Post a Comment