11.25.2007

Cranky Sunday

I'm feeling cranky today! Every little thing annoys me... from the dry cleaning lady, to
the Indian guy at the subway who kept on talking to me with a bad case of bad-breath, and everything that is wrong inside the house. I'm having my regular bout of P-M-S and for all I care, it makes me a total bitch from time-to-time! Sunday means relaxation supposedly for me, but not today. After I came back home I'm more than pissed to know that I left the boiler running! I scolded myself for not remembering to turn it off. I was gonna use the computer to calm me down but heck!...the internet doesn't work. And I've got loads of laundry that needs to be washed uhm..as in NOW or I wouldn't have anything to wear. And it's messy everywhere I look so I decided to turn this place inside-out and clean every nook and cranny.

So I did several batches of laundry and hang it dry. I did the dishes and cleaned the stove which I hate by the way! I changed my sheets and fixed the bed really neat. I went through the cabinets and arranged the things inside. Cleaned the fridge and got rid of stuff beyond two weeks except for the good 'ol kimchi of course! The hardest part is mopping the floor... here in Korea we sit on the floor while watching TV or eating and the reason for that is the unique heating system called 'ondol' where it heats up the floor. So it's rather comfortable for most people to sit on the floor rather than on the couch. Koreans never wear their shoes inside the house but use indoor slippers instead but I prefer to be barefoot around the house like most people. I used the verb mopping but we don't use a real mop while cleaning the floor. I use a white cloth to scrub the floor clean and do that 2 or 3 times until it's spotless. Used Windex to clean the windows and glass fixtures and Oxyclean for others. I even cleaned the door knobs and faucets which I think is so-necessary after watching an episode on 'Tyra'. With the influence of the said show, I switched my normal detergent to one that promises to kill 99.9% of germs and started using anti-bacterial dishwashing and liquid soap.

I practically did all the things and there is nothing left to do. I didn't know cleaning can be therapeutic too!!! It's 1 am now and am just about to hit the shower. I feel more relaxed knowing everything is neat and spotless clean...

0 comments: