11.19.2007

Pinoy Breakfast


Whenever I get tired of eating cereal for breakfast I try to concoct something that resembles food back home. Usually trying a new brand of cereal helps me a bit with battling my cravings for Pinoy food. Sometimes it just doesn't do the trick so I had to prepare it by all means. Scouring the cabinets I found a can of Maling which I brought here from Manila. I just fried the maling in little oil (I don't like it when it's drenched in beaten egg before frying), made some sunny-side up (I like it when the yolk is still intact and a bit runny), and some boiled sticky rice which I prefer than what we have back home. I read an article about Japanese and Korean rice being the finest rice in the world. It's rather chewy in texture, shiny in appearance and it even smells good. I used to hate kimchi, but now... a meal without one is 'incomplete', even if I'm eating pinoy food.

0 comments: