When I was younger, I always wonder how the fruits of other countries tasted (ignorance is not a sin!)... I remember liking the peaches in can and I promised myself I'd get to taste that in the future..(the real ones). It turns out, I wasn't too impressed...!
I realized our tropical fruits taste way better than those of other countries. I usually take our fruits for granted and even so seldomly eaten in our household but whenever I'm away from home I surely miss 'em. Our fruits are distinctively unique in appearance especially rambutan, durian, and langka.... It also has the sweetest aroma...(the thing that you can smell when the fruit is riped to perfection which I couldn't find with the others).
The ones I like and are usually and exclusively eaten are mangoes, lychee, rambutan, pomelo, pineapple, bananas
The ones which I hate are chico, chesa (di pa ba to extinct!!!), papaya, dalandan, atis, durian, star-apple, guyabano...
The ones which I like when I was a kid and now I can't find are duhat, santol, macopa, and sampalok~~~~~~ Someone please tell me where I can get these.... 'la lang... to serve my curiosity.... I don't know..
My all time favorite tropical fruit is Rambutan ( Nephelium Lappaceum)... It's sweet and absolutely delish. I saw this at HomePlus in Suwon but they only sell frozen ones.
3.16.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment