3.17.2008

Amy Winehouse~~~

I'm sure a lot of people know who Amy Winehouse is... and for the sake of those who don't; she's a multi-grammy award winner, has lots of tats, sporting a beehive, and has a very open battle with addiction ranging from mj, to prescription pills, meth, crack, to cocaine and even heroin. She's a self-proclaimed alcoholic and even sought help early on. The news mentioned that she's also suffering from anorexia/bulimia and has a tendency to self-inflict pain.

I think this girl is very talented and I'm one of those who appreciate her very unique style; a far-cry from pop-star wannabe's that basically sound the same and infiltrates the music industry everywhere... She's a breath of fresh air when you are bummed out of your wits and wanna hear something new. But with all the demons she's fighting, I think she wouldn't live past her 40's or even 30's and she'll be a big loss to the music industry and to those who like and appreciate 'real' and 'unscathed' music like hers.

It doesn't help that she's surrounded with people who just want to exploit and take advantage of her. I was glad to hear that she finally sought intervention to help cure her addictions.. but the news is reporting that she didn't stick to her treatments and finally fell of the wagon to sobriety... not another another 'Lindsay' please... you're way better than that!!!!

0 comments: