I just got back from my Gangwon-do trip last night. Overall, the trip exceeded my expectation. It was my third time to visit Gangwon-do and it was just as amazing as the first one.
The first time I visited there was Autumn last year and the view was spectacular. The place explodes in so many different colors of trees like a painting that came to life. The sky was so clear and blue, I even had the chance to see stars at night which I never experienced in the city.
My next visit was Winter of last year and I took a lot of pictures at that time. Gangwondo is the coldest place in Korea so it snows a lot. There was so much snow that we got stucked and had to shovel the snow away from our tires. I played like a child, made snowman and had a snowball fight in a knee-deep snow. Rice fields became ice field, snow capped mountains everywhere, trees coated with ice and snow, frozen streams and rivers... It was a winter-wonderland surreal kind of experience!!! I can't ever forget that in my entire life...
My third visit was just last weekend. It was cold at that time and the place showed signs that Autumn has begun. I visited Seoraksan again and I was so-not disappointed! The cable car view was still spectacular. The top view was still breath-taking, although climbing it was nerve wracking cause one small slip can cause a person's life. I also went to Hwajinpo which became famous for the Autumn in my heart drama starring Song Seung Hoon and Song Hye Gyo. It's the beach where S.S.H. draw the face of S.H.G. in the sand. Beside that beach was a very big and beautiful lake. I saw a lot of different species of birds there. I went to Daegwallyong as well, where I had the chance to pet and feed lambs.. I visited so many places that it's difficult to mention it all here so I'm saving it for my next blog entries. So, till then...
8.25.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment