8.25.2008

Tea House Experience




Korea is one of the three biggest tea drinkers in the world, the other two being Japan and China. A typical korean household would never run out of tea because they drink it as much as they drink water. I know for a fact that in the Phil, people are not so crazy about tea because they prefer drinking coffee. The benefits of drinking tea is far more than there is in coffee so I choose to drink tea more than coffee.

On lazy Sunday afternoons, I like visiting Tea Houses to relax and drink tea. I usually order green tea, rose tea, or orange tea and I drink it while reading a book or magazine. Tea Houses are very relaxing for me... The ambiance is always cozy and warm, they also play traditional music which is soothing to the ears. As I enter the place, the fragrant aroma of the teas that they are concocting fills the air giving me a welcoming feeling. It can be quite expensive though but I don't mind... it's not just about paying for the cup of tea but the whole experience that goes with it.

Wood carvings and sculptures add a distinct 'authentic feel' to the place.

And using these unique ceramic cups heighten the whole experience..

I love visiting traditional tea houses like this. Not only can I enjoy a great cup of tea, but I also learn a lot from experiencing traditional culture.

0 comments: