8.15.2008

Rockin the Beijing Olympics

Korea is totally rockin the Beijing Olympics!!! ROK is currently number 3 in the medal standing next to US and China being the first. Park Tae Wan who is my favorite, got a gold medal in Men's freestyle 400m swimming and a silver in the 200m. His game was highly anticipated and I'm sure a lot of people watched (I could literally hear the neighbors screaming!!!).

Korea also got gold in Weightlifting, Wrestling, Judo, Shooting, Badminton, and Swimming. As everybody expected, team Korea also bagged gold medals for Men and Women's archery. It didn't come as a surprise for many since they always get the gold medal for this sport since the 1970's.

I'm still waiting for Taekwondo (Korea's National Sport). I expect that they would get all the medals in all division as they always do for several decades now.

Go Team Korea!

0 comments: