So I finally landed at MIA Terminal 3, last Dec. 25. The airport, as I expected, was almost empty except for the people who were with me during the flight. It wasn't difficult to look for the person who'll pick me up. I saw him as soon as I went out of the baggage claim area. It didn't take long before we reached home. The roads were as empty as the airport. I'm sure everyone was sitting casually at home, enjoying their noche buena.
When I arrived home, it was almost 3 in the morning. My mom is the only one awake. Everyone was tired and slept early. I ate a few things, left-overs from their noche buena before going to bed. That morning, everyone was busy packing things up in preparation for my sister's wedding the next day. In my case, I'm searching the whole house for clothes I could wear for their garden/beach theme wedding but couldn't find any. The last thing I want is to stick like a sore thumb, so I decided to go on frantic shopping on Christmas day. I need more choices so I went to Megamall (Mall of Asia was too far). I needed something in peach or champagne gold, and it was like looking for a needle in a humongous haystack. Too many clothes, none in peach or champagne gold that suits my taste. After two hours of walking, I finally found the dress I was looking for. It was an empire cut satin dress in reddish and peach floral patterns, and there's a brownish/bronze belt thingy on the waist... After I secured the dress, I went to look for shoes. It wasn't as difficult to look for, unlike the dress, I was able to get a bronze open toed pumps in less than 30 minutes.
By 6 pm, we were on the road going to San Fernando, Pampanga. I wasn't aware that they changed the venue... I thought it was going to be held in Tagaytay. After two hours, we were already in front of the hotel. Everyone was busy meeting the bride and the groom's relatives over dinner, I chose to sleep early. I woke up late the next day, it was almost noon and the wedding was at 3. Everyone was gone and I'm the only one left at the hotel... I took a shower, went to mocha blends for some perk-me-up drink (feeling really sluggish that day^^), and went to the villa they rented inside the resort. The venue was at Lakeshore, a very big place with several villages inside that caters to expats mostly, a huge and beautiful lake, and resort. The roads reminded me of L.A., with all the palm trees strategically aligned. The 2 storey villa with 3 bedrooms was packed with at least 30 people. It was hot and the airconditioner didn't work as much with all those people around. I changed my clothes and did my own make-up just in time for family portraits. Sis asked me if I wanted a stylist to do my hair and make-up but I told her, I don't wanna look 'too made up' but I took the liberty playing with the brush and the body shimmer they used on her... I ended up looking 'decent-enough' for a wedding. The clothes fit me well, and it's comfortable too.
We then went to the lake resort. I was amused how they made it look like a beach. I heard someone commented, 'they brought boracay here with them', and I couldn't agree more. The main place was at the dock of the lake where they made a gazebo. The chairs were neatly arranged with huge dark golden bows at the back. The tables were also there, extending from the back of the arranged chairs to the bermuda clad garden, awaiting the reception that'll soon follow. The tables were nice, decorated in layers of colorful sheets. The center piece for each table was made of bamboo with handmade lamps brought to life by small candles inside, hanging side by side. There were also two long darkly-painted bamboo with holes carrying different colored floating candles to light the tables. The 'tropic-ish' flowers added an elegant touch to the one of a kind centerpiece there. Seashells were also nicely placed in the table together with the plates and other utensils. I couldn't help but be mesmerized.. especially when I saw those cute little bottles with sand and a rolled paper inside. It was their wedding invitation I heard. Even the peach napkin there bore their names in gold prints. Everything, even to the slightest detail was carefully planned, well thought of.
A Pastor from GCF Church officiated the wedding. He chuckled when he saw the rings placed in a giant seashell, slightly covered in sand. It was almost sunset when they said their vows and I do's and it made it all the more romantic. I could tell sis was nervous as her voice was shaking.. the groom was also just as nervous. I couldn't really concentrate on what he was saying cause the wedding singer sang their themesong, and it was so beautiful I even had goosebumps! My sister and the groom are both kindred spirits and both are very active in the church, so I totally understand when they chose a christian song for the most important part of their wedding. A part of the song says "When God made you, he must be thinking about me...", and that's all I can remember.
It was already dark when they had their first dance while the song "Just the way you look tonight" was being sang by another singer. The customary slicing of the cake and throwing of the garter and bouquet was exquisitely executed (now that's a tongue twister^^). After the ceremony, dozens after dozens of mini hot air baloons were lit and launched to the sky. And then the emcee directed our attention to the huge white screen while another guy was tinkering with the projector. It was an Audio Visual Presentation of the bride and groom's pictures when they were young, their highschool and college days, their travels, etc... Next came the food.. It was buffet style with do-it-yourself salads with several dressings to choose from. About 4 kinds of soup was there, and I love the pumpkin soup the most! There was a unique roasted chicken dish, smothered with ground coffee that added a distinct and unique flavor. It was interesting and delicious at the same time.. There's also grilled salmon with lemon butter sauce, then there's this beef dish with a special sauce as well. A vegetable dish was also there, puttanesca and a cream based pasta. Desert is mango crepe in vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
After the delicious meal, dance came next. The younger crowd gathered by the gazebo and started to dance. The band played a lot of alternative songs, some reggae, and pop. The older group stood up and went to the table with the blue cake, beside it was a tall pile of mini-version of the cake in cupcake form. They stood there munching on their cupcakes, as if waiting for the oldies music to be played, unfortunately, the band kept playing for the younger crowd. The best they got was a song from ABBA, "Dancing Queen" which cheered them up a bit. After that it's back to the younger crowd. I danced with my escort while the band sang "I'll Be". Sis changed to another dress and let her hair down. She joined us during a song from Lifehouse. It was a really fun wedding, and I'm pretty sure everyone (around 200 of them) had a great time. Before the visitors started to leave, they were given a bar of Lindt's chocolate wrapped in a special wrapper with the bride and grooms picture, and there's a give-away box covered in rafia and ribbons. I heard it's spa essentials like scrub, lotion, massage oils in mini bottles. I didn't bother to get one for myself.
The day after the wedding was my flight back to Korea so I had to wake up early and travel back to Manila. I departed early, I was traumatized with my previous flight experience so I made it sure that I have ample, as in ample time to get to the airport. As I expected, I arrived early, too early even but I don't mind. It's better to be early than late and sorry. And since I have too much time to kill at the airport I went to Jollibee and ate a chicken joy meal. After that I went to Mister Donuts and grabbed coffee and donuts. By the time I finished everything, I was just in time for boarding.
Pictures, soon to follow...
1.02.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment