'Imo' and her husband are really nice people and I'm pretty close with them. They treat me as family, like the way they treat their nephew Chris. Both of them are more than happy to teach me Korean language and culture, although I could tell they get frustrated at times cause nothing really 'sink in'... . Chris never talks in Korean (except when he's sleep-talking ^^) so there's absolutely no way for me to practice. I studied Korean here at a language school before, and I learned a lot of things (but not enough to carry a conversation entirely in Korean). However, I got lazy and decided to quit. I forgot almost everything I learned, so it really helps that 'Imo' teaches me from time to time.
Before she took me to the train station this morning, she gave me a container full of kimchi...
I'm not really fond of eating kimchi (I've never needed or craved kimchi before ^^), but I know Chris can't survive a meal without one, so I'm thankful she gave me that. I just had to keep a poker face during the 2 hour train ride back to Suwon cause it reeked the whole time! I almost feel sorry for those people on the train. ^^

0 comments:
Post a Comment