Last night, I was too tired to cook so I just bought jok bal 족 발 for our dinner. It costs 16,000 won at GS Supermarket, quite expensive I should say, but it's cheaper when you get it at big supermarkets like Emart or Homeplus. Jok bal or pig's feet doesn't sound exactly appetizing, but for those who haven't tried it, I guarantee that it's good (just stay away from the cartilaginous and bony part like I do^^). I'm a bit squeamish so I didn't want to try it before, cause the very thought of eating an animal's foot makes me quiver. And no matter how hard Chris prodded, I never dared to take a bite... But it all changed when we went to his bestfriend's house. They served this for dinner... It's rather impolite not to eat since they made an effort to prepare it, so I forced myself to taste it, and to my surprise.. I liked it. It's actually good, just don't be decieved with the way it looks.
1.12.2009
Jok Bal.
Last night, I was too tired to cook so I just bought jok bal 족 발 for our dinner. It costs 16,000 won at GS Supermarket, quite expensive I should say, but it's cheaper when you get it at big supermarkets like Emart or Homeplus. Jok bal or pig's feet doesn't sound exactly appetizing, but for those who haven't tried it, I guarantee that it's good (just stay away from the cartilaginous and bony part like I do^^). I'm a bit squeamish so I didn't want to try it before, cause the very thought of eating an animal's foot makes me quiver. And no matter how hard Chris prodded, I never dared to take a bite... But it all changed when we went to his bestfriend's house. They served this for dinner... It's rather impolite not to eat since they made an effort to prepare it, so I forced myself to taste it, and to my surprise.. I liked it. It's actually good, just don't be decieved with the way it looks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment