
I was restraining myself from watching the new KBS drama "꼿 보 다 남 자" or "Boys over Flowers", cause I know how addicted and obsessed I can be over dramas like that. But today, I finally gave in and opened pandora's box! I just wanted to take a sneak peak but I instantly got hooked! I couldn't stop watching after I saw the first episode, and now I feel like a drug addict experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Waiting for the next one just kills me...
I really enjoyed watching Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango before, so I was really psyched about the whole Korean adaptation thing. Who could forget those four gorgeous Taiwanese models who played F4 back then..? I even went to their concert, bought their albums that unleashed the 'fan-girl' in me, and I even dreamed of going to Taiwan... Then came Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao who got impeccable chemisty that made me watch the drama and movie with absolute eagerness. They also brought me to like the boy group 'Arashi'...
The Korean version however, is a little disappointing (just a little, mind you). I think they are all gorgeous but something is lacking with their acting. Gu Hye Seon, the girl who plays Geum Jan Di (Tsukushi) isn't as feisty as she should be. She tries really hard to be cute that it's annoying. Lee Min Ho, who plays Goo Jun Pyo (Tsukasa) isn't arrogant and 'bad-enough' for the role. But he's really cute though. Is it just me or he bears a slight resemblance to Dao Ming Zi in Meteor Garden? Well, probaby it's only because they're playing the same role... It's too soon to tell whether it's a so-so or a great drama, but I think it's really worth watching..

0 comments:
Post a Comment