1.11.2009

The Yellow rice.



We ran out of rice 쌀 today, so I thought about making a quick run to Family Mart and buy 2 packs of cooked rice. But since we still have a huge container full of yellow rice 현 미 쌀 , I experimented and cooked it the usual way (thought it can't be that bad.. it's still rice afterall^^). I would normally mix white rice and yellow rice altogether when cooking (sometimes with a couple other grains too), but I never tried it alone so this was a first for both Chris and I.

It didn't taste that bad, although I wouldn't really recommend it to people who are accustomed to the taste and texture of the normal white rice. In my case, I like mixed rice cause it tastes better, and it's said to be healthier. Yellow rice has a lot of texture to it, it's chewy and a little less sticky than the regular white rice. It actually tasted pretty good, however both Chris and I still prefer the normal rice.... This could only mean one thing, a trip to the supermarket soon!

0 comments: