I acknowledge that I'm a music lover in every sense of the word... I start my day with music, and I also end it with one. I can't imagine a day passing without hearing my favorite songs! When I'm outside, a player is perpetually glued to my ears... and without it, everything feels oddly quiet ^^ I also have a very short attention span and music helps me concentrate, especially when I'm doing something important. So it's kinda helpful in a way. I remember when I was young, I had difficulty memorizing the multiplication table, so my mom bought me a casette tape that plays the multiplication song. In no time, I memorized it. Mom figured, if I can memorize my nursery rhymes, I could also do it with numbers, and she was right! It was then I knew that music can actually help my brain function better...
I appreciate so many kinds of music.. but there are the ones I can't stand like Techno Pop. It's impossible for me to stand listening to one.. The beat and redundant lyrics peeve me so much. I also hate Jazz that uses a lot of trumpet sounds, cause it sounds like an 'impish fart', and unconsciously you find your toe tapping to the beat, your arms swayin a bit, to the sound of 'IMPISH FART' ?! Sorry for my choice of words... Slow Rock songs from the late 80s to early 90's are also unacceptable to my ears. It's pure torture listening to one. If I get to listen to it the whole day, I swear, my ears will definitely bleed! Country music, unfortunately, is also included in my growing stupid list of unacceptable music. I'm not sure why, but I tend to associate country music with horses (I'm a very strange girl and I know that). Then there's this Crunk music, a.k.a. "suffer-me-no-more"... Some of my friends like Crunk, but I always thought it's all noise, like some random guy blabbing non-stop then one day, they decided to call it music! OK, I dread writing this... Death Metal (or any music associated with the word 'METAL' for that matter), we all know the reason why everybody hates this kind of music. I'm struggling to even type it, and I'm sure my voice will edge up a few octave when I say it out aloud. That's how much I hate it! The last one may come as a surprise to many, and I'm not sure exactly what genre this music belongs to, but I call it some Creepy Choir Music . It scares the hell out of me. Like the stuff they play in horror flicks with old churches as their backdrop... or something like that.
Let's go to the good part.. songs which I like.. I have like 500 of them, but since my player could only accomodate a limited number of songs (cause I'm also listening to a couple of audio books and it takes a lot of space too ^^), I skimmed a hundred of my favorites out of the 500. And it proved to be more difficult than I anticipated. Favorites among favorites, weird analogy. The list changes from time to time, like I'd replace a couple of songs with other ones... But mostly, I'd stick to this kind of genre. I usually get my inspiration from OST's, movies or TV shows that played it, and some random music videos that I chanced upon. My sister thinks it's not very original, I just roll my eyes and tell her "So?"... Her chick music preference isn't really appealing to me. I don't hate it but I don't like it either. But sometimes, it gets to my nerves. Like when she put the song "Bleeding Love" in repeat mode, and I got to hear it repeatedly.
1. Amy Ward - Every Day Is Like The Weekend
2. Anna Nalick - Breathe
3. Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending
4. Blue Foundation - Eyes on fire
5. Breaking Benjamin - So Cold
6. Brendan Benson - Biggest Fan
7. Bush - Inflatable
8. Coldplay - Violet_Hill
9. Collective Soul - Tremble For My Beloved
10. David Archuleta - Crush
11. David Cook - The time of my life
12. Dido - Life for rent
13. Dishwalla - Angels or Devils
14. Dishwalla - Collide
15. Dishwalla - Every Little Thing
16. Dishwalla - Far Away
17. Dishwalla - Somewhere In The Middle
18. Dropping Daylight - Tell Me
19. Emerson Hart - I Wish The Best For You
20. Emerson Hart - If You're Gonna Leave
21. Eva Cassidy - Time After Time
22. Everclear - Wonderful
23. Faber Drive - Summer Fades To Fall
24. Faber Drive - Tongue Tied
25. Faber Drive - When I'm With You
26. Fuel - Forever
27. Fuel - Gone
28. Fuel - Wasted Time
29. Full Moon - The Black Ghosts
30. Goo Goo Dolls - Before It's Too Late
31. Graham Colton - Best Days
32. Gwen Stefani - In The Morning
33. Hilary Duff - Wake up
34. Iron and wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth
35. Jars of Clay - Worlds Apart
36. Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
37. Keane - Everybody's Changing
39. Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
40. KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World
41. Lifehouse - Broken
42. Lifehouse - Everything
43. Lifehouse _ Breathing
44. Lifehouse - First Time
45. Linkin Park - Leave Out All The Rest
46. Marie Digby - Unfold
47. Matt Nathanson - Car Crash
48. Michelle Featherstone - Rest Of My Life
49. Miley Cyrus - 7 Things
50. Mindy Smith - Falling
51. Mindy Smith - One Moment More
52. Missy Higgins - They Weren't There
53. Missy Higgins - Where I Stood
54. Muse - Super Massive Black Hole
55. Muse - Invincible
56. Muse - Starlight
57. Muse - Bliss
58. MuteMath - Spotlight
59. Nickelback - Savin me
60. One Republic - Mercy
61. One Republic - Stop and Stare
62. Paramore - Decode
63. Paramore - Hallelujah
64. Paramore - Adore
65. Paramore - My Heart
66. Remy Zero - Perfect Memory
67. Sarah McLachlan - Fallen
68. Seether - Love Her
69. Seether - All The Same
70. Seether - RIse Above This
71. Skillet- Falling Inside The Black
72. Skillet - The Older I Get
73. Snow Patrol - Signal Fire
74. State Of Shock - Best I Ever Had
75. Steadman - Wave Goodbye
76. Stereophonics - It Means Nothing
77. Stereophonics - Maybe Tomorrow
78. The Wreckers - The Good Kind
79. The Crash Motive - Dont Shut Your Eyes
80. The Exies - Tired Of You
81. The Spill Canvas - The Tide
82. The Spill Canvas - All Over You
83. The Spill Canvas - Lullaby
84. The Wreckers - Hard to Love You
85. Three Doors Down - So I Need You
86. Thriving Ivory - Angels on the Moon
87. Timbaland ft. One Republic - Apologize
88. Train - Calling All Angels
89. Twelve Stones - Fade Away
90. Twelve Stones - Running Out Of Pain
91. Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want
92. Vertical Horizon - Goodbye Again
93. VonRay - Inside Out
94. Yellowcard - Only One
95. Claude Debussy - Claire de Lune
96. Claude Debussy - Reverie
97. Claude Debussy - The Girl with the Flaxen hair
98. Ludwig van Beethoven - Pathetique Movement
99. Ludwig van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
100.Chopin - Raindrops
1.22.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment