3.16.2009

Day 1 of our Weekend Trip.

Last Saturday morning, Chris was already awake even before the alarm clock sounded. I guess he's really excited about the whole weekend getaway we planned. I wasn't ready to get out of bed yet, my head felt heavy and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I deliberately redirected my thoughts about the trip, and that helped me to move myself out of the bed and into the shower. It was cold that morning, around 1 or 2 degrees celsius. But other than the chilly temperature, the weather was perfect. By 8:30 am, I already packed everything inside the car and we were on the road shortly after. We first headed to Incheon area, and Chris made a few quick stops there to show me where he studied middle school and high school. As soon as we reached the boundary of Incheon, and I saw the signage saying we're officially in Ganghwa-do, I rolled the windows down and I tried to absorb as much fresh air as possible. The cool crisp wind felt really nice on my face.


I wanted to go some place near for this trip cause two days is awfully short. I didn't wanna waste our weekend being constantly on the road and strapped in the car.. Ganghwa-do seemed like the perfect place to go. It has the beach that I wanted (although not as beautiful as the others I visited), great seafood, and nice country side villages...

The beach-front accomodation came next to our itenerary.. I made it clear to Chris that I wanted to stay in a place that has a good view of the beach. A place like that is not that easy to find, so after 2 nights of endless online searching, he found the perfect place for us. I was in complete awe when he parked the car and I saw the house for the first time. Both of us instantly fell in love with the place...



It has this cute little balcony, adjacent to our room where we waited for the sun to set...






And here's the barbecue place...



After checking everything and our things are finally settled where they should be, we went out to drive around the area. Our first stop was this beach...








Chris brought me to a place where we took a boat going to a smaller island nearby. We didn't plan to stay there for a long time, so we decided to just leave the car at the parking lot.









Chris bought Oishi and we fed the birds with it. Feeding the birds is one of the coolest thing I've ever experienced! Imagine the boat running, the birds flying toward your direction, and snatching Oishi with their beaks from your hand.. Some birds were really aggressive and bit me a couple of times..^^ It wasn't really painful, but it's enough to make me shriek loudly.. After the biting incident, I was a bit scared to feed them with my hands so I just threw it and they catch it midair using their beaks with absolute precision. Around 50 birds gathered near us, patiently waiting for the next oishi I'm gonna throw.. ^^





We reached the smaller island in about 20 minutes.. Here's what it looks like..



We walked around the island on foot, and it was so tiring that we regret not to bring the car. So I looked for a shade, sat comfortably, and took a rest till the boat that'll take us back to Ganghwa arrived...

When we reached the car, it was already 5 pm. We hurried back to the house to catch the sunset in the balcony..



Later that night we started the barbecue... Chris was in charge of the grilling, and my job was to prepare the tuna chigae soup and side dishes.



The red wine we brought from home got frozen by accident inside their problematic fridge. So we were forced to drink semi-frozen beer instead. The beer didn't go well with the meat, but we had a good laugh drinking it in our wine glass. ^^



Everything was perfect that night. After finishing the barbecue, we strolled along the beach. There were a lot of stars that night. When it got unbearably cold, we headed back to the house. I was tired from visiting so many places that it didn't take long before I fell into a deep sleep.

0 comments: