3.04.2009

Of Neutrogena and my sensitive skin...



The Neutrogena products I ordered last week was delivered here yesterday. It's cheaper to just order it online than buying it in stores.. I have really sensitive skin and it's difficult for me to find a product that suits my 'sensitivity-level'. I find Korean products too strong and too heavy for my skin. This rationale didn't come from a person who only tried a thing or two... cause if there's one thing I love splurging on, it's got to be skin care stuff. I've lost count how many different products I tried before, and my review would always be the same.

During a trip to Manila, I visited my sister's dermatologist/friend. I consulted my problems with her, and she offered to get my skin care product tested by their chemist. I think I was using DeAge at that time. My itsy-bitsy-tiny-little 'hunch' proved to be correct. It has very high alcohol content that makes my skin feels raw and red. Their moisturizer uses a lot of oil which blocks the pores, hence the annoying pimples. I cant remember the other stuff she mentioned cause she used a lot of 'medical lingo'. Since the product they were exclusively selling cost $80 a month (way too expensive), I asked her advice for a cheaper alternative available in the market. She said two things, Cetaphil (my sister is their biggest fan^^) and Neutrogena, whichever works. I chose Neutrogena and it clearly works. That's how my love affair with Neutrogena began, and I never tried any other product since then.



It glides on smoothly and it's absorbed quickly. It doesn't have that oily-sticky-icky-feel that I usually get from Korean products, which is a total hassle when you're applying make-up after. It's very light, and it doesn't give me that 'raw-skin' feeling. None of the paraben and other evil stuff that cause blocked pores and allergic reaction. Ok, I should stop right here.. this post is beginning to sound like a blog advertisement which is so not the case.

0 comments: