Today's menu is smoked salmon. A recent trip to VIPS got me in the mood for it. So after deliberately and purportedly kicking enough tantrum as I can manage, Chris ordered it online. I guess you could call me a wimp for doing so, but it's only with this display of temperament that Chris would be willing to oblige. So last night, the salmon arrived and I could barely wait to have it all thawed and sink my teeth on it. It was really good, and I couldn't get enough of it. A portion of it, we ate raw like carpaccio without the sauce. Then I sliced up some, and tossed it in my salad. I marinated the remaining salmon in lemon juice, waiting to be pan-fried later. But the hefty price tag kinda makes me feel guilty... I guess 30,000 won for a bunch of cut-up fish is just not worth it, like Chris redundantly pointed out. The price is something I wasn't aware of, till it was packed and delivered in our doorstep. Who knew salmon could be that expensive? I could have had a big, fat, juicy steak for the same price!
3.13.2009
One Costly Craving.
Today's menu is smoked salmon. A recent trip to VIPS got me in the mood for it. So after deliberately and purportedly kicking enough tantrum as I can manage, Chris ordered it online. I guess you could call me a wimp for doing so, but it's only with this display of temperament that Chris would be willing to oblige. So last night, the salmon arrived and I could barely wait to have it all thawed and sink my teeth on it. It was really good, and I couldn't get enough of it. A portion of it, we ate raw like carpaccio without the sauce. Then I sliced up some, and tossed it in my salad. I marinated the remaining salmon in lemon juice, waiting to be pan-fried later. But the hefty price tag kinda makes me feel guilty... I guess 30,000 won for a bunch of cut-up fish is just not worth it, like Chris redundantly pointed out. The price is something I wasn't aware of, till it was packed and delivered in our doorstep. Who knew salmon could be that expensive? I could have had a big, fat, juicy steak for the same price!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment