It was 5 degrees warmer that day... The smell of the crisp morning air was really refreshing, and I wanted to stay there longer. So we left the place around 12 noon and drove to places we haven't visited yet. We kept the windows rolled down so we could have a better view of the place. Chris held my hand most of the time while driving.. I think that's incredibly sweet of him. ^^
We then went to a restaurant for lunch... The food was great and I got to taste my favorite gganjang gaejang dish (raw crab in soysauce).
Our next destination was this viewing point. But the wind was too strong and chilly that we didn't get the chance to sit on those benches..
Next stop was the dolmen burial site from the Bronze Age, which was built 4,000 years ago. A lot of these dolmen are scattered all over Ganghwa. Gulp is the operative word a person says when he sees this for the first time. I can't imagine that these remarkable stones are 2,000 years older than Jesus Christ! I've never really touched anything older than my grandmother, so it was a pretty awesome experience.
We drove to a buddhist temple not too far from the dolmen site. The first thing I saw is this tea house run by monks.. Who knew monks could be entrepreneurs?
And here are the things I saw in the temple..
We had to climb the highest peak of the mountain to see the buddha statue. I was panting heavily when we reached the top. The view there is breathtaking and is so worth the strenuous climb...
The buddhist temple was our last destination. We decided to get back on the road early as we're anticipating the heavy traffic later on. We arrived home past 8 pm, and I could tell Chris was drained from driving the whole day. I was tired too, my back and leg hurts... We drank the previously frozen wine and watched a couple episodes of Simpson's before calling it a night...

0 comments:
Post a Comment