Either the medicine kicked in or he was just excited, but as soon as we arrived at the pension, he became more energetic. Both of us were starving, so the first thing we did was to prepare the grill for the barbecue. For some unspoken reason, I find his barbecue much better than the ones we eat at restaurants.
By midnight, we were done eating. And after I cleaned everything up, we decided to go out for a walk. It was pitch-black outside, there are no street lights or lamp posts so we had to use our cellphones to light the way. We had a good laugh scaring each other with ghost stories.. I got my ideas mostly from "Jeepers Creepers" and "Blairwitch Project", but I don't know where he got his (probably from old Korean ghost legends which aren't really scary). I was already jumpy from the eerie sound of the wind coupled with the strangest cricket noise, when out of nowhere, dogs started barking at us. We can't really see them, but they sounded so huge from afar. That was our cue to run as fast as we could towards the pension.
For some strange reason, eventhough I was tired the night before, I woke up early the next day. I could tell it was still too early when I got out of bed.. The sound of the roosters crowing their lungs out was all too weird for me. It was my first time to hear that in Korea. I didn't have anything to do so I went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast early. I cooked rice, and I used the left over kimchi and some meat to make kimchi chigae. It was simple, but Chris said it's delicious.
When we arrived the night before, we didn't get a chance to look at the surroundings. I thought there was nothing special about the pension. In the morning, everything looked much better. It's located on top of the mountain, so the view was quite good.
This is where we had barbecue the night before. It's also nice to drink tea here in the morning while gazing at the surroundings covered in early morning fog.
And here's our room..
The pension is located near "The Garden of Morning Calm", so it was the first place we visited that day. We first visited this place last summer, and I could vividly remember how colorful it was at that time. Flowers are just beginning to bloom this time...
We took turns in taking pictures of each other. We do have trispot, but I guess we're just too lazy to bring it along...
Here are the pictures I took.

0 comments:
Post a Comment