3.09.2009

Sushi Nights.

Preparing Korean meal is so tedious, so I'm always on the lookout for things that are easy to make. A typical Korean meal has rice, soup, meat, and several side dishes. It usually takes me about an hour to prepare everything, sometimes even more. I remember a time when I still prepare breakfast for Chris early in the morning. He normally wakes up at 7 am, and I was expected to wake up at 6 and start cooking. It was so tiring! After I'm done cooking and cleaning up, I was drained, and I didn't have energy the rest of the day. Then I discovered the wonders of cereal. I buy 3 boxes of cereal at a time in HomePlus, just in case he gets tired of eating the same thing. Sometimes, I'd make him a sandwich at night, put it in a ziploc bag, and it's ready to eat in the morning.

This season, he's not that busy at work so he comes home at 7pm to have dinner with me, and it's necessary that I prepare the typical Korean meal for him. But when I'm feeling sluggish, I just buy 2 boxes of sushi for our dinner. Chris doesn't usually complain about the food I serve, as long as it's healthy. And what could be heathier than Japanese food??

0 comments: