3.09.2009
Of teeth and insecurities.
I've had my braces since 2006 to treat my malocclusion. The upper part of my teeth are so crowded that my teeth moved into a crooked position. This is my second gig with braces, the first time I got it was several years ago. I don't remember the year exactly, but at that time, the dentist failed to fix it. It gave me constant migranes and my mouth were all swollen so I had it removed after a couple of months. The next time around, it went perfectly well and results were evident after the first month. My case was a bit difficult than most, so it requires longer period of treatment... My sister also wore braces the same time I did, only she's ahead of me by one year. She had it removed, and continued with the standard retainer procedure for a year. She finished wearing retainers just before her wedding. I was really curious then to see her, cause for the longest time I've seen her with braces that I already forgot how she looked like without one. I remember asking her how was it like after the dentist removed everything. She said she felt 'exposed' cause her teeth were all naked, whatever that means. I'm going to remove my braces soon and I'm dead-curious how I'd look like. Hopefully I wouldn't be needing retainers after... I don't plan on wearing one cause I heard how uncomfortable it is to wear them. I really miss the time when I still didn't have braces, my teeth were all simple then ^^ I smiled a lot eventhough I felt really insecure about my teeth. Right now, I'm not really comfortable smiling. It's like I developed a complex to constantly hide it cause I think it's hideous. A few more months, and hopefully I get to smile the way I did before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment