3.11.2009

Spring fantasies.

It's officially Spring, and I just couldn't wait to get on the road again. Chris and I are planning a weekend trip, and this thought makes me fidgety, and gets me into a dizzy spin of daydreaming. It's actually a peace-offering from Chris for not being able to celebrate his birthday with me. I was totally miffed when he left me home-alone last weekend, while he drank his guts out in a party of some sort. For 3 days now, I've been unexpectedly immersing myself into making plans for this trip. I'm thinking bonfire, barbecue, and a nice beach-front accomodation, and it's his job to make it happen. Right now, we haven't gotten to the 'where' part yet, I'm still looking for the best place to have our weekend-getaway. It shouldn't be that far cause we only have 2 days...

Last Spring, I got to visit Cheolla-do for the first time.. It's was the perfect time to go there. Everywhere I looked was worth snapping a picture. But Spring is their peak season, so be sure to shell out twice or thrice the normal price if you're planning to go there.



This is a view from where we stayed, and it's not even a tourist spot. It's just a place where people have barbecue...



Since we only had 3 days, we didn't get to visit a lot of places. Good thing I was able to include Boseong green tea plantation in our scrimpy itenerary..



Here's a view from Wando...




The three-day day trip to Cheolla-do was too short, and there are still a number of places I wanted to visit. So a couple of months later, we came back. Summer is not really a good time to travel in Korea, not unless you're in for a heat-stroke. But it's the only time Chris could get a long vacation. For 5 days, we were on the road, exploring every tourist destination we heard of. The trip was a blast, and I'd say it was the best 5 days of my life.



















0 comments: