3.19.2009

돼 지 Dinner.

In an attempt to cheer me up from wallowing over my lost wallet, Chris asked me to have dinner outside last night. I actually didn't want to eat anything, but Chris was starving so I half-heartedly agreed. Instead of going to our usual place, we visited a newly-opened restaurant near home. Chris ordered his all-time favorite samgyeopsal. It didn't look like the usual samgyeopsal we order from other restaurants, and the way they serve it is also different. When the grill was hot enough, the ajumma put two huge chunks of pork. We didn't know what to do with it cause it's not sliced yet, so we just waited. She came back after a couple of minutes and sliced it to serving pieces. As soon as Chris started grilling, and I smelled the delicious smoky aroma of the meat, I instantly got hungry and demanded a follow-up order of rice and soup while waiting for the meat to be cooked. The samgeyopsal was really good..^^ It's a lot better than the ones we order in other restaurants. It's thicker (so it takes longer than usual to cook), tastier, and has a stronger aroma. Both of us agreed that it's one of the best samgeyopsal we've ever tasted. Our next order was 가브리살 (gaburisal). It was also good, but I never really liked gaburisal.



0 comments: