3.05.2009

The juk.

For some strange reason, I was craving for my mom's arroz caldo last night... It's weird cause I never liked eating it back home. I thought 'juk' is good substitute as it's the closest thing to arroz caldo here, so I called up Chris to buy me some on his way home.




He got me the Beef and Mushroom porridge, which isn't the one I ordered. I specifically instructed him to get me the Mixed Seafood juk, but he must have forgotten what I said. The serving was huge, like it's impossible for one person to finish all of it. As always, I skimmed the powder-like seasoning they sprinkled on top, never did like it. The 'juk' has a lot of mushroom but none of the beef (didn't see a single piece of it) like advertised. But I'm positive they used beef in it cause I could taste it. Broth perhaps? But then, they should have named it 'Beef Broth and Mushroom juk', you know... just to be clear.




I saw the ever ubiquitous F4 boys and Geum Jan Di in the paper bag they used. Aren't they just 'EVERYWHERE'?

0 comments: