His dad is hosting a party today at their residence for his staff and other people who works for him in his company. Tomorrow, he'll be hosting yet another party for his friends, associates, and golf buddies. I feel sorry for Chris cause they share the same birthday, and he's obliged to participate in a party where he's the only young person. He'll be forced to drink soju with them, and I know just how much he hates the taste of soju.
Felt guilty as I wasn't able to get him a birthday gift last February 11th, so today I bought this long-sleeved shirt for him. The shiny collar buttons bothered me so much, but I thought the shirt will look good on him so I ended up buying it anyway.
Last night, we were having the whole birthday talk, and I asked him what his birthday wish is. I was eating sushi then, and I almost gagged when he answered me. He actually wishes*** not to get fat, lose his hair, and have wrinkles. I laughed so hard cause I've never heard a birthday wish vainer than that in my entire life!
In my case, I wish him good health this year. Career-wise, I know he couldn't wish for a better career than now (I could actually kill for a job like his ^^). He works under the procurement division of Samsung Electronics. There is no striking difference with regard to his paycheck to other employees of the company, but his position gives him great benefits. He deals with mostly CEOs and Presidents of manufacturing companies that supplies certain parts that Samsung needs. For some specific item, he's the one who gets to decide which company they'll do business with. This could mean a very big income for the company who'll get chosen, so they suck up to him with expensive liquors, cigars, chocolates, teas, pastries, toiletries, and other gift items. Except for liquor and cigar, I'm the one who conveniently takes advantage of all those stuff. It doesn't end there, he gets to travel a lot, eat and drink at the most expensive places for free, and that is what he likes the most. The last time he went on a business trip to China, there was a limo waiting for him courtesy of a CEO he's dealing with. So for four days, he got to move around China in a limo, ate as much sharksfin, bird's nest, and lobster as he wants to, and he got a lot of stuff for free to give me.
His job didn't come easy as he had to work really hard for it. The job appeals to a lot of applicants, therefore the competition was really stiff. In their team of 8, 4 graduated from American Universities, 2 from Seoul Nat'l University, and the other 2 were from Hanyang (which includes Chris). The job calls for excellent command in English, so having a Filipina gf works for his advantage as he gets to pratice his English a lot. I'm not giving myself entirely the credit, cause he got accepted there even before we met, but I kinda help him 'stay' in the competition. Out of all the negative effects of our interracial relationship, I'm glad there's one good thing that comes out of it.
I did a bit of shopping for seafood cause I'm going to cook Haemultang for him tomorrow when he arrives. It's his favorite dish and I'm dead worried that it might taste anything but Haemultang. So I'm preparing the cookbook and some internet stuff I printed on standby, just in case.

0 comments:
Post a Comment