It's official, I'm going back to the gym today after a long vacation! I just got off the phone with the front desk officer and renewed my membership for another month. No if's, no but's, no qualms...
My target is to lose 20 lbs. It's what I gained for the last 2 years. Slowly but surely, I'm losing weight but 20 lbs seems like a long and painful journey ahead...
I've already given up fastfood and I don't eat chocolates that often anymore. I switched to low-fat milk and I'm eating my good ol' breakfast like what my mom always say. I just need to make a habit of eating fruits and vegetables.
Now that I'm going back to the gym, I'm worried about experiencing those terrible, terrible muscle aches again. At one point before, I couldn't lift a shampoo bottle from the floor cause my arms hurt so much. I also didn't dare to laugh cause my abdominal muscles are strained as well. The worst part of it all is getting up in the morning feeling sore all-over!
But for my well-being, it's worth it. If it guarantees I'd live longer, then bring it on (I sounded like a 'tough-ie' when I said that!).
I just can't help but feel envious to those people who don't need a workout all their life. A good example is my mom... she can eat anything she wants and not gain a single weight! But that is just not my case
11.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment