11.20.2008
Love Defined
What does love mean to me. The dictionaries meaning is to have a strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration, pre-eminent kindness, a devotion to another person, of deep affection and tenderness …The only way for us to truly understand the definition on love is to present you with my current situation. I’m in love, yes and it hit me like an avalanche. I never expected it to happen; all I wanted was a bit of change in my life. What a drastic change! He told me for the first time he loved me, they were right to say that missing each other is a test of love; I get so emotional sometimes and I started to cry, why? cause no one has made me feel this wanted, needed and loved. Love is all about sharing, understanding and allowing someone into your “personal space” of your heart, I know it does not always work out this way. Love is about sacrifice and compromise. I myself gave up on love, was tired of chasing it and not finding what I desired so much and in the end, it found me in the most unexpected place. And why I chose to fall in love, even though it’s been so difficult now, with him a million miles away, the answer is quiet simple, and the heart does not ask how to feel. The heart was not meant to wither away and by allowing one to open up ones heart to another, it’s the most splendid feeling of all. What would the purpose of ones existence be without love and appreciation, without sharing your sorrows and pleasures with, without having the opportunity to express yourself in more ways than one. I know love and relationships can be difficult, but I look at it like a business, if you don’t work at it, you will not succeed. There were times when I thought, to hell with this, why let yourself feel all these need and desire, when you don’t know whether it will succeed or not, but then I look within and found that once you start loving yourself, others will notice and feel and love will soon come knocking at your door …wait, I’m not yet done. Whether my present relationship is only for us to be together so that we can give each other support and understanding, to be each other pillars of strength, to be there for each other when life just gets too much or for some other deeper more meaningful reason, this I can’t answer. Our paths have crossed for a reason, but what lies ahead, well, no one can say. You never loose by loving, you only loose by holding back, really. I have noticed one major difference in myself and the way I love now, compared to the way I did. You know when you're younger, you think you’ll live forever and you think that when you have someone in your life, you feel as if you will never feel about another person the way you feel about that specific person that very moment and when your paths divide you feel like your whole world is going to fall apart, you promise yourself not to allow love to ever knock on your door and what happens, the heart heals and you fall in love all over again. I’m not saying I fall in love with each and every guy I meet, NO!, to me it’s a special bond and my degree of love for each is different in a way. I can honestly say that right now, my love is more mature, we have a greater understanding of each others needs, wants and desires. We basically are ready to accept each other with our lives. I am basically at a stage in my life where I feel I need to share my life and my love with someone. I’ll end off by saying: ‘To love is to admire with heart, to admire is to love with the mind”.So there you have it, my definition on this phenomenal factor called love, a question no human being can ever define properly, only accept it and learn from it as life goes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment