11.18.2008

The Notebook (2nd round)


Just finished watching "The Notebook" and eventhough it was my 2nd time, it was still worthwhile. It's probably not the best movie I have ever seen but it scores high in my list.

The story is predictable and even sharing the same concept with couple other movies. But there's something extraordinary about it. I guess it's the proven and tested familiar storyline (rich girl meets poor boy) which all people can relate, made more vivid and moving. But that's not all... The places where the scenes were shot are all beautiful. So beautiful that I totally agree when Allison said, "Like a dream". I also admire how they came up with the music that accompanied each and every scene... It's very moving.

I can go on and on with the things I love about this movie. But the thing that captivated me the most is the script. I think it's well thought of. Especially the part where Noah said, " So it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard. And we're going to have to work at this every day. But I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, every day. " Isn't that the sweetest line ever?

All of this wouldn't really matter if not for the people who played them. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams cleary make a good pair (reel/real life). They look so good together that my knees feel limp whenever they kiss, so I'm not surprised they even won an award for it! ^^

Check this video out if you got a few minutes to kill...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTLDLWhgV1c

0 comments: