11.25.2008

Just Venting.

Today has been tough. I had fever (yet again!) from yesterday. I can barely move out of my bed. But then I had to go out and drag myself to Chinabank and make an urgent deposit. It couldn't wait so I called up my mom who is doing her grocery at the supermarket nearby and told her that I'm going to the bank. The place is near, about 5-8 minutes away from home. I should've taken a tricycle but my mom insisted that I should get a taxi to go there.

Hailing from a cab, I arrived at 11:22 am. The branch where I went is fairly small so there are only few people there (about 3 including myself). As a customary, I sat down and waited till my number appears on the screen. Finally it was my turn, I hurried to get to the teller's booth (with ailing ankles and elbows!) and to my surprise the woman (teller) didn't budge and just continued doing whatever she's doing. Politely, I waited till she finishes, thinking I have enough time before 12 pm. 2 minutes have passed, 2 precious minutes wasted on the most uncomfortable silence there is. I finally told her, "I need to make a deposit before 12, it's important", then I handed her the money and the deposit slip. Before she could answer, one middle-aged Chinese woman came and went directly to the teller without securing a number first. She gladly entertained her while I'm standing there, looking annoyed. I was in awe when she asked me to sit down and wait. 10 minutes later, the transaction was done and the Chinese woman went outside. I hurried back to the teller and calmly asked what's the reason why I needed to wait that long. She then answered, "we prioritize our account holders more than anything else". I answered, "Am I not here to make a friggin* deposit?!" while fighting the urge to bad-mouth her even more.

When she handed me the reciept, it read 12:11 pm. With an angry face I asked her, "didn't I tell you it's important?", again, she didn't budge. I got her name then stormed my way out of the bank. I was more than pissed when I narrated the story to my mom. She's clearly the worst teller I have ever known!

To ease whatever I'm feeling, I decided to get a massage. After an hour, my head is clearer and felt better, but I still can't forget the incident with the teller.

0 comments: