11.19.2008

Ramyeon fix gone bad?!

Earlier today, I was craving for something hot and spicy. After a strenuous workout on an empty stomach, I craved for something hot to warm me up. It's really hot these days and eating a bowl of piping hot soup seems a bit far-out but I still thought of getting my ramyeon fix, so I went to the grocery and got a pack of Ramyeon.

I felt really hungry as soon as I open the door home, so I immediately boiled water and excitedly waited till it's about time to put the noodles in. It's done in less than 8 minutes, then I brought out some familiar chopsticks and started eating. While I'm in the middle of sipping the hot soup and chewing on the noodles, I examined the wrapper and saw something weird. The expiration date looked different! It's as if someone erased the original date and printed another one. Judging from the ink smear evident in the wrapper, I felt suspicious. The prior date is still embossed while there's a newly printed one on the right side. Then I remembered reading from a friend's blog about expired korean goods here in the Phil.. and this might just be the perfect example. Read on http://www.buhaykorea.com/2008/10/16/expired-korean-products-in-the-philippines/

My bowl was already half-empty before I realized the scary fact. I really regret buying that ramyeon cause I'm now nursing an upset stomach, and who knows what more will I get from eating a probably expired ramyeon.

0 comments: