Since I consider my blog as a journal of my life, I write things that I wish I wouldn't forget. And among hundreds of posts I wrote, I almost never mentioned about my bf. I'm actually saving our story for one 'special' post like this one.
He is a Korean and I'm a Filipina. His name is Chris and he's a year older than me...He was a senior engineering student at Hanyang University when we met. I call him my greatest love, my happiness, my everything. We've been together for more than 3 years now and been working on getting married in the future.
It all started when I'm still working as an English Teacher at a language school in Q.C. It was right after our lunch break when I first saw Chris. He was walking towards the travel agency nearby when some of my colleagues started calling his attention. He was carrying a big luggage at that time and he seemed lost. Out of goodwill, my friends offered help. I admit, he looked really cute that day, that's why my friends kept on talking to him. I was the only one who seemed distant and quiet. In my head, I hated all the attention my friends were giving him cause I didn't want him to think that we were so into him. He kept on glancing at me and asked a couple of things. I was surprised how well he speaks in English, probably the best I've ever heard (he didn't sound a typical korean at all!)... For some reason, my friends disappeared and we were left talking to each other.
When the bell rang, I said goodbye and I thought that was it. After the next break, my friends and I gathered to the same exact spot. I was surprised to see him again... He looked as if he's waiting for someone but I didn't know he was actually waiting for me. After I finished my work, he was still there and that's the time he asked if I could have dinner with him. I didn't think twice cause I secretly liked him a little bit so I said yes, provided that I get to bring along a friend. So all 3 of us went to the restaurant and ate. It was raining hard at that time and the air is a bit cold. I don't know why but he offered his hooded jacket. I politely said no but he kept on insisting. That night, I felt that he's really interested in me.
He was supposed to enter a boarding house before meeting me. But he ended up renting a unit in the same condominium where my sister and I are staying. We then became inseparable. He made each day special and then I slowly realized I'm falling hard for him. Each day I grew more and more nervous as his departure day gets closer. The night before his flight, I cried so much. I woke up the next day with swollen eyes from too much crying. Still, tears ran down my cheeks as we said our goodbyes at the airport. I thought, that was the end of it till I recieved a mail from him. In his letter, he mentioned how crazy in love he is and he can't wait to come back for me. True enough, 2 months later he's back but he stayed for only a week. Still, I cried so much when I took him to the airport. True to his word, he came back frequently (5 times in a year) to see me. The last time he visited Manila, he stayed for a month. After he entered Samsung, it became very difficult for him to visit me so he asked me to visit him instead. From then on, Korea has been my second home.
Being in an inter-racial relationship is not easy. There are so many things to think about. I spent so many sleepless nights thinking whether this relationship is worth the fight or not. Chris would always say yes... I hold on to his answer and would just brush this idea away from my head afterall, love knows no boundary, nor culture, nationality, or even race.
11.23.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment