11.17.2008

Notions on leaving and holidays...

I'm leaving in 2 weeks to spend the winter season in Korea, but I'm yet to purchase my tickets cause I'm still waiting for the dollars to drop again. I thought there will be a significant change on the foreign exchange right after Obama was elected, guess I was wrong. I'm not sure what to expect, except that it'll be a nice relief from the scorching, blazing, draining, and excruciating heat of Manila.

Hm.. This will be the third time I'm spending the Christmas season in Korea. It makes me sad a little that I wont be here for that special occassion. I surely missed noche buena and everything that has to do with Christmas cause spending Christmas Eve in Korea is boring... Spending New Years Eve in Korea is even more boring if you're not going to Jongro to hear the ringing of the bell. I don't know what's the significance of that but going there looks fun on TV cause there are so many entertainers performing while thousands of people are gathered, watching nearby. At the stroke of midnight, they'll bang the huge bell for reasons God only knows. Then there'll be fireworks display and that's it. Time to go back home... tired, sleepy, hungry. In any case, I would rather spend the New Years eve beside the bell than spend it beside the computer.

0 comments: