11.12.2008

Some random rants about my workout!

So I'm back to the gym and been working out for 2 days! Whew... it wasn't easy as I expected.

Part of the fitness program mentioned by the Instructor is to stop using the elevator, and use the stairs while going up where the gym is located. At first, I thought he's joking cause the place is situated at the top-most floor. But when I realized that he's dead serious, I gasped. It's 15 friggin floors to climb! Even the most physically fit there would break a serious amount sweat to get to the top...

Like any obedient student, I did what I was told to do. I took a deep breath and started to climb. The first 4 floors was a breeze but lactic acid started to build up and it got difficult from there. I was gasping hard for air on the 7th and 8th floor and had to stop on the 10th cause I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack. I took the elevator from there, then finally showed my tired and sweaty face in the room.

I was already exhausted even before I stepped on the treadmill. What drained me more is the Iranian guy beside me who has some serious odor issue going on that made breathing thru my nose almost impossible! He smelled like duped socks mixed with rotten fruits and fresh chilis on the side. I don't have anything against Iranians for that matter, it's just that this person's case is 'unique'.

After a long and excruciating 15 minutes, I took a shower then moved to the sauna room. I accidentally slept there for a little less than 10 minutes while the temperature is at 57 degrees!

I was so tired when I got out of the building... so tired that I can barely move my legs so it took me 15 minutes to walk home instead of the usual 8.

0 comments: