I heard a sad news today about a person I know and hated so much before, stricken with cancer. I got into a little fight with him about 6 years ago. The reason was petty, just blown out of proportion by his gossip-lovin gf. Too many things happened with those 6 long years and I finally found a place in my heart to forgive them for all the bad things they brought me.
He's already in stage 4 and currently in palliative care in a big hospital in Manila. A person I knew visited him today. He has gotten so much worse from the last time he visited our house a few months ago, I was told. But he's really optimistic and is so looking forward to having his operation in a few weeks. He thinks, 3 days after the operation, he can be discharged from the hospital.
I only know some things about the big C, my grandfather succumbed to this deadly disease when I was young and stage 4 means his cancer already metastasized and his time is almost up.
But God is Good. He's a great healer, and miracles await to those who have strong faith in him. And if death is really His will, then we should accept it whole-heartedly and be thankful for the life he has given us. One of the things I learned when my father died last year, is that death isn't such a bad thing. God has given my father a complete cure and rest from his illness that debilitated him for a long time. It's sad that I wont be seeing him for the rest of my life however, he was granted eternal peace and is now in a much better place not aching and suffering from any illness.
I salute my old friend for being optimistic and still not losing hope inspite of all the pain. In my heart, I sincerely wish he will get better but if it's not the case, I wish he'd have a little more time to spend with his children because they are going to miss him when he's gone.
Things like this reminds me that we are not immortal and we are liable as to how we will spend our lifetime. "Make each day count" is now an adage I'm trying to live by...
11.10.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment